• The form must be submitted on or before August 1st for the Fall semester or December 15th for the Spring semester. Requests made after these dates cannot be guaranteed approval.
How will students be notified of the early arrival request's status?
• Students will be sent notification via their UCCS student email account the week prior to move-in for each semester.
Who can be eligible to request for early arrival?
• Early arrival to campus is limited to students enrolled at UCCS for the upcoming semester with a completed housing application and housing assignment for the current academic year.
Who is not eligible for early arrival?
• Residence Life and Housing cannot accept early arrival requests from students who do not have a completed housing application and have not yet received a housing assignment for the upcoming semester.
• If a student has not yet received an on-campus assignment, he or she needs to contact Residence Life and Housing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss possible options.
• Residence Life and Housing cannot accommodate students who are not living on-campus for the upcoming semester.
• Residence Life and Housing cannot accommodate students transitioning from summer housing on campus to off-campus housing.
When is the earliest a student can arrive on campus?
• Early arrivals will start no earlier than three (3) days before the date of first-year student move-in.
Will a student be placed in my permanent room assignment?
Students may be placed in a temporary room for early arrival.
• Temporary rooms may be in a different suite, building, or village than their permanent placement for the academic year.
• Students who are placed in temporary rooms will be notified when their permanent assignment is ready for occupancy.
• If a student is placed in a temporary room, he or she will have 24 hours from the time of notification to transition into their permanent assignment. Students need to make sure that their temporary room is cleaned and ready for another student upon moving to their permanent space.
What is the cost of early arrival?
$40.00 per night
• A sponsoring department or athletic team may pay the cost of early arrival for the student.
• Early arrival will be billed to the student account for all eligible students.
• Students may not pay with cash or check.
• If a student is assigned to a temporary room and that space is not cleaned after the student moves to their permanent space, then the minimum cost for cleaning is $40.00 and the student could be charged an improper checkout fee of $50.00.
Can a student check in and leave their personal items without being charged?
• No. Once keys have been picked up by a student, he or she is responsible for the keys and will be charged the early arrival rate.
What if the student is a member of an athletic team?
• If a student athlete arrives early without the team covering early arrival costs, he or she will be responsible for payment of early arrival fees.
• Athletes who are part of an end-of-the-year athletic camp with conference services may transition to an early arrival student at the conclusion of the camp, with fees still applying.
What if a student needs to be on campus early for a student employee position?
• The department that student is employed by would need to sponsor him or her, otherwise he or she would be responsible for the early arrival charge.
• A letter from the department the student is employed by needs to be provided to Residence Life and Housing. This letter should include the student's position and dates required to work.
How does an early arrival check in?
• Check-ins are between 8am and 5pm at the Monarch Front Desk for Summit residents or the La Plata Front Desk for residents of Village at Alpine Valley or the Alpine Village Apartments. • Check-ins after 5pm or on weekends in either village will need to contact the RA on call. This number is posted on the buildings and is provided in the "Important Phone Numbers" section below. • A UCCS ID is required at the time of check in.
• Resident Assistants or Conference Assistants are on call after 5pm to help with lockouts or other safety needs. If a student is locked out of his or her room, he or she will be documented for a lockout.
• After two courtesy lockouts, students will be charged the lockout rate of $25 per additional lockout.
• Dining halls do not open until the actual move-in day for first year students.
• Campus dining venues do have limited hours and we encourage students to visit the dining and food service website at //www.uccs.edu/diningservices